Seniors live with age-related health concerns and other conditions that may hinder them from performing their daily tasks. These limitations may also heighten the chances of them facing particular health risks or safety hazards. As such, they deserve to be looked after and taken care of. They need the help of individuals who can make sure that they stay safe at all times.
In such cases, caregivers who provide private home care in New York are there to help. Care professionals can assist with grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, and other activities of daily living. They can also serve as homemakers who can keep the home tidy and hazard-free.
One thing that providers of in home health services in New York pay most attention to is bathroom safety in seniors’ homes. The bathroom is often slippery, which is why falls happen there a lot. Seniors who are in medication may also face dizziness or other challenges that may lead to undesired outcomes.
Thus, to ensure that seniors that stay safe in the bathroom, caregivers can help them with the following:
- Keep the water not too hot and not too cold. The temperature should be 120 degrees or below.
- Assist them with their mobility issues, especially when they have to go in and out of the bathroom, as well as while they are taking a bath.
- Make sure that non-slip mats are installed and the surfaces are skid-proof.
- See to it that lighting is adequate, especially at night.
- Install safety fixtures and other safety equipment, including durable medical supplies.
So, if you need an extra helping hand to accompany your senior loved one at home, we at Civility Home Care are here for you. We provide a wide range of home care services in Brewster, New York. Contact us for more information.