Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Civility Home Care’s mission is to safeguard the health and well-being of our clients, their families, our caregivers, and the communities we serve to the best of our ability at all times. Many of our clients are older adults and people with serious or chronic conditions who are more vulnerable to the dangers of COVID-19. We want to reassure you that we are making every effort to protect those in our care by following guidelines and recommendations from reputable resources.
- Civility Home Care is monitoring updates and bulletins from:
- We are keeping our managers, supervisors, nursing staff, and caregivers up-to-date on controlling infection and spread through correct hygiene protocols.
- We are educating all staff members and caregivers to recognize symptoms and action to take if any are suspected.
- We have instructed our clients to let us know immediately of any changes in their health status in order to assist in getting them the appropriate care.
- We are keeping our clients (particularly those who are at-risk), staff, and caregivers current on precautions to avoid infection or transmission, including:
- Staying at home as much as possible / avoiding crowds / practicing social distancing
- Practicing good hand hygiene (guidelines for hand-washing found at sites shown above)
- Avoid touching your face
- Make sure to have 2-weeks of supplies (groceries / household items) on hand
- Make sure you have at least 2-weeks of prescription medications along with any over-the-counter medicines and supplies – including a thermometer and fever reducing products
The best thing we can ALL do now is help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus by taking the precautions and safety measures that have been recommended by experts and authorities such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Please take care of yourself and each other. Be kind, considerate, and conscientious. We will get through this challenge TOGETHER!
The Civility Home Care Team