Sleeping patterns for older adults will change over time. According to experts in private home care in New York, many senior citizens experience difficulty falling asleep at night. There are various reasons why this happens. Some of them include:
- They have underlying health conditions. In this case, you or a trained professional providing home care services in Brewster, New York will need to accompany them to their physician.
- They are experiencing anxiety and depression. Counseling services can be of help under these circumstances.
- They take long naps during the day. Naps are important, but the rest should only be short.
- They drink coffee during their afternoon breaks. If possible, it’s best to limit caffeine in the morning during breakfast.
- They don’t feel comfortable in their bedroom. Rearranging their furniture, adding a humidifier or plants, and changing their sheets and pillows to more comfortable ones may help.
Identifying the cause of your senior loved one’s sleeping problems will help them achieve their mind and body’s required sleep.